donderdag 11 oktober 2007

Guilin Girls 1996 Video Movie . . . . . by Paul Donker Duyvis

Happy and Curious Chinese children
playing in the Guilin River
a Story of an Encounter without Words:
watching each orher with a curious and open mind.




The impresive music comes from a cassette given to me
by a traditional Singer from Inner Mongolia.
I heard the woman singing and I was moved.
She saw it and gave me an audiotape with some of her songs.
A few days later these Guilin Children jumped upon me with generous laughter and happy smiles.

I decided o combine these two precious gifts to memorize these moments without communication without words . . .
Listning to their voices still chear me up. I hope that the woman singer and the young girls they still are so happy and generous.

Paul Donker Duyvis


# Paul Donker Duyvis - Art, Photography, Videoworks - pddstudio.cjb.net
http://pddvideo.come2me.nl

Geen opmerkingen: